I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Break!!

Day 154

School is out. Officially out. They even let out earlier today than we had expected. And wonder of wonders--most of the kids went home! Now, I want kids in the library. Especially the teens. I'm a teen librarian. But unfortunately, the ones who come every day and stay for hours are not there for books or programs, unless I'm offering food--and then they only eat and don't participate in the program. I know they go there because they're waiting for a way home. And I'd rather they be in a safe place and not making mischief elsewhere. But if they need to stay somewhere, I wish I could have a teen space where they can enjoy themselves and not annoy or disrupt others. However, I don't have that. And they end up just being a nuisance to everyone. It wears on me, too.

So, I can't help being relieved and grateful for an inspired summer reprieve where I can focus on patrons having fun and not disciplining rowdy, restless kids who need that summer as well! 

Today's Smile: My co-workers grateful smiles for Summer Reading sign-ups being organized. It's nice to be able to use some of my experience and preference for organization in something!

Today's Something New: I learned that mango, avocado, and jalapeno taste very well together!

No comments: