I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Realization and Awareness

Day 158

Well, my gratitude today is too personal to share in specifics. Some may even find it odd or silly.

But it meant a lot to me and I'm grateful the Lord brought to my mind the circumstance I could alter which led to more confidence, relief, and happiness.

Today's Smile: The woman who thought our DVD was missing part of the movie, but with careful assessment and cleaning I was able to discern the possible problem and allow for her to take the movie home to finish. (She was profusely grateful to the point of slight embarrassment on my part!)

Today's Something New: The stuff around a dragon's head--not the horns--isn't hair. I know it isn't. But for the craft I'm creating, I was trying to figure out what to call it so all the kids would know what I was referring to. My co-worker told me that I was bound to be corrected by at least one child. I agreed. And then curiosity got both of us and we began to look up what it might be called, for we knew there had to be a word. In one of our dragonology books, it was referred to as "wattles." Which immediately made me think of roosters--and I was amazed I even remembered that association! Though further research into that has me thinking that I may not mention that particular term. I'll let the children correct me about "hair" with whatever things they know. So far, I've done well in life not having to know particular about wattles.

No comments: