I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

We Have Sun

Day 155

Two days of warmth and sun in a row! I love rain. And I don't mind days of it. But I have never longed for summer weather more than I have this year. I think it's because I knew so many other places were getting warm weather by April. And while snow finally began to stop, it was still dreary, chilly, wet, and bleh. I longed for sun. It finally came. For longer than 12 hours. I was able to walk in it yesterday, sun in it this morning while reading, and sit in it this afternoon while chatting with a friend. Delight!

I love the weather the Lord sends, especially sunshine in the sky to match that in my soul.

Today's Smile: My friend joining me for a movie she was interested in seeing, and we both got to see it for free.

Today's Something New: Not that it's the most life-changing or enlightening knowledge, but I did learn a bit more of X-Men history and lore. Considering I never read the comic books or watched the cartoon while growing up, I knew nothing until I watched the movies with my family and friends. So to watch an "early history" or "how it came to be" of it, it made me curious as to what followed original, what was new for the movie, and such. I now know more than I ever did before. I don't think it will change my life for the better, but it was interesting.

No comments: