I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 1 - Merry Christmas!

As sure as the signs of Christ's birth came to pass, so also did the signs of His death (3 Nephi chapter 8). And the people in the ancient Americas knew that all that had been prophesied of Christ was true. And faith was again rewarded, for the resurrected Christ came to the people, and taught and ministered unto them as He had the people in Israel (3 Nephi chapters 9-28). They truly knew for themselves--no longer needing faith--that Christ was and is the Savior. That He did come to earth. That He laid forth His Gospel. That He saved mankind from their sins. And that He was raised from the dead, giving us all the opportunity to be resurrected when our turn comes. 

Yet faith is still required for us to believe all these things. And to trust in His coming again to earth. Isaiah prophesied much about the Savior's Second Coming. Christ even quotes Isaiah to the ancient American inhabitants (3 Nephi chapter 22). And recently it is these verses that have given me so much comfort in my personal struggles and trials as well as watching the trials and struggles of the world around me. They are signs that the Second Coming is so near. But there is no need to fear, because if we truly believe in Christ and follow His ways, then we know He will watch over us and take care of us:

7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer....
10 For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the 
of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee....
13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children....
15 Behold, they shall surely gather together against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake....
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall revile against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

I know I've sent this video to you before, but I just cannot get enough of it. These promises that the Lord gives us are possible because of His Atonement. And that Atonement would not have taken place if our Savior did not condescend to come to earth for each of us (1 Nephi 11).

I am so grateful to my Savior for what He has done for all, but especially for me. I see His hand in every aspect of my life. I know I am never alone, for He is at my side--understanding everything I am suffering, and knowing why I am suffering it. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending His one perfect and Only Begotten Son to be the sacrifice that would enable all of us to return to His presence. I hope I may be deserving of that sacrifice. For now, I will do what I know I can--show my gratitude and love for the Savior and Heavenly Father, especially showing that by serving others.... 

...I know that Heavenly Father loves you, as does the Savior. I know they are there for you. That they understand your personal trials and struggles, too. And that that baby born In Bethlehem was just as much just for you as it was for me. Please know of my love for you, and even more of the Lord's love for you.... 

Merry Christmas!

No comments: