I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Passing of Another Apostle

I just saw this update on my iGoogle lds.org gadget:

Joseph B. Wirthlin, Oldest Apostle, Dies, Age 91

I hadn't expected that, but in a way I had. Ever since that time in the Conference Center when Elder Nelson stood behind him to literally support him, I knew that Elder Wirthlin's health was not as it had been. But only 2 months ago he had still seemed so vital and strong--for a 91 year old! His talks have been so wonderful to and for me of late, and I have loved understanding his humor in the last few years, too. Like the other apostles that I have "grown up with," I will miss him very much. I will miss hearing him speak. But I know he is so happy to be reunited with his wife and other brothers (and sisters) that he has served with in his life.

It will be interesting to see who the Lord calls as his next apostle. (I still have my hopes for President Bateman. :-) I love that man so much!!!)

No comments: