I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 12

I am doing a sort of 12 Days of Christmas with my dear friend who is not a member of the LDS church, but whom I have had many conversations of what we believe. She accepted The Book of Mormon, too. I thought it would be fun to do a 12 Days of Christmas - Book of Mormon style! Doing this is one of the ways I am personally focusing on Christ and celebrating Christmas this year. So I thought I would share it here, too.

600 years before Christ came to earth, Nephi (a young man at the time) wanted to know for himself what his father Lehi had told him. His answer came as a vision that showed him many things which were to come. This included the coming of the Son of God. The account is very beautiful and can be read in 1 Nephi, chapter 11.

No comments: