I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Come Unto Christ

"The Father and the Son appeared to Joseph Smith to restore the faith of our Father on this earth, never to be taken away again. God desires that all of His children receive it, irrespective of their background, culture, or tradition. True religion should not originate from what pleases men or the traditions of ancestors, but rather from what pleases God, our Eternal Father.

"Continuing revelation is a fundamental feature of this faith. Joseph Smith's first prayer is a powerful testimony of this. Revelation is a constant compass that keeps us always true to the will and the faith of our Heavenly Father.

"Our Heavenly Father loves His children. He hears the prayers of the humble and sincere of every nation, tongue, and people. He grants light to those who seek and honor Him and are willing to obey His commandments. We joyously proclaim that the faith of our Father is on the earth today.

"We invite everyone on this beautiful planet to taste of His doctrine and see if it is not sweet and good and precious. We ask those of sincere heart to learn of this doctrine and ask their Father in Heaven if it is not true. And by doing so, all can discover, embrace, and walk in the true faith of their Father, which faith will make them whole.

"That is our message to the world."

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Faith of Our Father," Ensign, May 2008, 75


This quote makes me think of the lyrics of one of Sally DeFord's songs:

Feast Upon the Word of the Lord
Come, ye who hunger and thirst,
Hear the Master's voice
Come and feast on the word of the Lord
Nourish the hungering soul
Freely given it hath no price
Come and feast on the word of the Lord
Here find ye hope; find peace for the weary heart
Come and feast on the word of the Lord
Come, set aside mortal cares
And choose now the better part
Come and feast on the word of the Lord

Ye who would partake of truth, ye who seek the fountain sweet
Lay all mortal burdens by and learn at Jesus' feet
Come let your souls delight where hearts are full and hope is bright
Where all may gain eternal life
Feast upon the words of Christ


How I wish that all could hear the sound of my voice--or the words of my hands--and know what I know, feel what I feel, and have the joy in their lives as I have in mine. At the time of year when so many recognize and celebrate the Savior's work, even more do I long to share all that I know. Of His birth, His life, His teachings, His Atonement, His Resurrection, His love for each of us, His ability to understand us, His ability to succor us and take away our pain, His willingness to always help us, His ever-mindfulness of each and every one of us.
These things I do know and testify of with complete assurance that they are true.

May each of you come to know for yourself the great and wondrous gift that truly is the Savior and Redeemer--when He came to this world for the purpose of saving each one of us.


No comments: