I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gospel Message Day 6

Faith, Part 5

So, today's message may be an odd take about the spiritual aspect of Faith. But for me a huge part of my spiritual faith is having faith in myself. Merriam-Webster states faith as "a strong belief or trust in someone or something." I have a strong testimony in knowing who you are. I have spent a lifetime getting to know my changeable, growing self. And I plan on doing so for the rest of my life. I feel it is important that as I know more of who I am, I need to believe in all the many aspects of me. I need to believe in me believing what I believe. Does that make sense?

But it's more than that. If I didn't believe in myself, then I wouldn't have much joy or direction or confidence in anything. I would flounder in life. I would have beliefs, but I don't think I would be as committed to them. The "difficult" thing for me is to know what the starting point is in this circle: because of my faith in myself, I have a stronger faith in my religious beliefs (especially my Savior); but it is because of my spiritual faiths that I have been able to build and strengthen faith in myself.

I have faith that I am a child of God.
I have faith that I am of infinite worth.
I have faith that I am beautiful in my Heavenly Father's eyes.
I have faith that I am smart, talented, (mostly) organized, loyal, loving.

I have faith that I am loved.

No comments: