I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Gospel Meesage Day 1

I figure if I'm going to be blogging about Gospel messages, perhaps I should explain what Gospel means. According to Merriam-Webster, Gospel means:
1
a often capitalized :  the message concerning Christ, the kingdom of God, and salvation
b capitalized :  one of the first four New Testament books telling of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; also:  a similar apocryphal book
c :  an interpretation of the Christian message gospel
2
capitalized :  a lection from one of the New Testament Gospels
3
:  the message or teachings of a religious teacher
4
:  something accepted or promoted as infallible truth or as a guiding principle or doctrine gospel
5  :  gospel music

But to me, it goes to its more original definition related to the Greek--Good News. I like how I worded it on my Mormon.org profile, because it is how I feel and why I am beginning on this daily Gospel messages challenge:

The Gospel truly is "good news!" It is full of light and truth. It brings happiness beyond understanding, beyond comparison, and beyond measure. Jesus Christ command us to share the Gospel with everyone (Matthew 24:14, Mark 16:15). But those who truly love Jesus Christ and His Gospel cannot help but want to share it. Missions are opportunities for members to go out in the world and share the Gospel in a full-time capacity. However, it is a very true mantra that every member should be a missionary, and a responsibility of ours to be so.
So, really, I'm just sharing 365 days of Good News with you. And that Good News is all related to things concerning my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

No comments: