I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Gospel Message Day 2

Today's random pick (because, yes, I will be picking these by drawing from a dog. He's a really cute dog. See him in the background here:
(That's me on the left in case you didn't know or remember what I look like...after a long day at work.)

So today is 
FAITH

I picked a HUGE one. I think for the huge ones I might break them down over the course of a few days. Because there is so much that can be said. And I don't want to cheat you out of awesome stuff that can be said. :-)

I guess to get it started, I'll quote  one of my favorite songs on faith. (I have quite a few.)

I will not doubt, I will not fear;
God's love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; His love assures
That fear departs when faith endures.

Text: Naomi W. Randall
Music: Stephen M. Jones
(To hear the tune, you can go here.)

This song is not necessarily what faith is as what it does for me and what I do to strengthen it. With faith, one can never fear. "Inner strength and peace of mind"--I know it has brought me that. Countless times. If I did not have faith that the Lord would help me, see me through things, and make sure that all will be for my good whether immediately or eventually, I don't think I could have made it through the tough times. Or rejoiced as much during the joyful times. Faith can be applied to so many things, spiritual or not. Which is why it is the first principle of the Gospel. The beginning one. 

Faith is needed for belief. For any one to live what ever religion they choose, they must have faith in its precepts, principles, leaders, teachings, and more. For any one to grow plants, you must have faith that the seed, from the work you put into nurturing it, will grow. (Excellent scripture using that analogy here, verse 28-33.) When you drive, you have faith that you will be safe--you'll make smart decisions and other drivers will do the same. You have faith in your family and friends. Faith that the recipe you try will turn out. Faith--in all things. 

And true, sometimes something happens to shake your faith. Maybe even shatter it. But the most important thing is that you hold to your faith of what is true and right. What brings you true joy and peace. If necessary, gain back the faith that may have been lost. Build up your faith so it is stronger. So that a bad driver or a failed recipe or an abusive loved one or a dying plant do not squelch your faith. Shake it maybe. But just a movement in the breeze. That in spite of what may happen in life, your faith stays strong and firm amongst the winds and turmoils and remains rooted in that which brings light and truth and joy. For me, the latter comes most from my faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ.


No comments: