I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yes--"COURAGE in so great a cause!"

[from my personal online journal]:
There are those days when you wonder how in the world we will ever get through them. Often we don't believe that we will get through. Yet we always find ourselves at the end of those days seeing that we have gotten through. And we often never really can remember how we did get through. Or what we did to get through.

But if we would just realize that our prayers--for help, strength, support, courage, endurance, and everything which the Atonement makes possible--are being answered. That Christ is at our sides. That He is at my side. Leading. Encouraging. Guiding. Comforting. Pushing. Lifting. Carrying. Helping me get through each and every day--not just the unbearable ones. I need to remember to always listen to His reassuring, guiding voice, and to always answer this call during the good, happy times and the otherwise:

Press forward, Saints, with steadfast faith in Christ,
With hope’s bright flame alight in heart and mind,
With love of God and love of all mankind.
Press forward, feasting on the word of Christ.
Receive his name, rejoicing in his might.
Come unto God; find everlasting light.
Press on, enduring in the ways of Christ.
His love proclaim thru days of mortal strife.
Thus saith our God: “Ye have eternal life!”

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

-Press Forward, Saints, LDS Hymn no. 81, words by Marvin K. Gardner

Truly:

Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
-Alma 26:35 (emphasis added)

No comments: