I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bonus #1 Answer

"What was one of your favorite talks?"

Right now, my heart is favoring Elder Holland's talk. Perhaps because it was the one I most felt the Spirit while listening to it. And in which the Spirit spoke most to me as well. I'm not even sure how to describe what I was feeling. I was mesmerized? Enchanted? Those don't seem to fit. Certainly I was in awe. And gratitude was overflowing as he more fully made me think on what my Redeemer did for me. Over the last year and a half, I have come to more fully know that the Savior really did experience every pain I have ever suffered, and that He truly is the only one who knows how to succor me. And I'd always known that the Savior had been alone. Yet I never fully grasped just how alone, and what that really meant. That he at that point suffered spiritual death, or else He could not have completely known, understood, and atoned for the sufferings of each and every one of us. I agreed with Elder Holland's words and found myself renewing my commitment to be sure that I myself will never let the Savior suffer alone again.

No comments: