I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Never Let Go!

The post title is a Josh Groban song which has many meanings for me. But, yes, one of them is about never letting go of the Iron Rod (the word of God). If staying on the strait and narrow. Clinging to the Gospel and the Lord's teachings.


Maybe the lyrics are a stretch for some. I will not attempt to explain the ways I see it. Yet I remember the days this message spoke quite clearly to me, and I cannot see the song differently. Perhaps you can see and know what I do from it:



I can't understand it
The search for an answer is met with a darker day
And we've been handed these moments forever
But I'm reassured there's another way

You don't have to close your eyes,
There is room for love again.
Ease the pain to realize all that love can be,
Forced apart by time and sand,
Take a step and take my hand,
And don't let it go--
Never let go!

Broken, once connected.
We were so strong and so blessed in a simple way.
So don't let me go it alone.

Turn your head up to the sky,
Nothing down below but me.
Face the truth to relize all that we could be.
Torn apart by rage and fear,
Hold on to what brought you here,
Don't let it go--
Never let go!

In another's words:

"Our Heavenly Father loves each one of us and understands that this process of climbing higher takes preparation, time, and commitment. He understands that we will make mistakes at times, that we will stumble, that we will become discouraged and perhaps even wish to give up and say to ourselves it is not worth the struggle. We know it is worth the effort, for the prize, which is eternal life, is 'the greatest of all the gifts of God.' And to qualify, we must take one step after another and keep going to gain the spiritual heights we aspire to reach."

--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "One Step after Another", Ensign, Nov. 2001, 25

No comments: