I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Sing for Joy!

[from online journal, April 10, 2008]
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had such a great scripture reading today. Now, I have two different scripture "habits" or whatever you want to call them. My scripture reading is my daily reading of the Book of Mormon. I try to read this book at least once through in a year. I keep a Scripture Journal in which I record thoughts or impressions and such. Then I have my Scripture/Gospel Study. In that, I immerse myself in the standard works--The Bible's Old Testament and New Testament (King James Version), The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, The Doctrine & Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price--as well as other church materials. With my Gospel Study I have my Study Journal. There really isn't a set thing that I write in there. Sometimes it's what I'm doing. Other times it's connections I'm making or things I'm learning. The Study Journal is a work in progress and may never have a definitive state of being. My Gospel Study has been the 13 Articles of Faith. The original idea--inspired by S.'s bishop--was to take a month to study each AofF. I started last October. And I'm still on #1. There is so much one can learn in these!
Anywho. This morning's scripture reading was absolutely wonderful! I got so much out of it and had 3 or 4 Conference talks and topics that connected with the few verses I had time for. I'm telling you, I LOVE the Gospel! I love the scriptures. I love my church leaders. I love...all of it! And what's better, I know it all to be true! There is nothing better than the Gospel. And it encompasses everything. My life is so incredibly amazing, and I owe that to the blessings of the Lord's Gospel. Good news? It's GREAT news! Fantastic, marvelous, awesome, magnificent and so much more.
Its author, my Savior, is my source of happiness and strength. With Him and because of Him, All is Well! And always will be no matter what storms or trials are ahead. I think of the lyrics to the song "How Can I Keep from Singing?"

My life goes on in endless song
Above earth's lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear it's music ringing,
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?
While though the tempest loudly roars,
I hear the truth, it liveth.
And though the darkness 'round me close,
Songs in the night it giveth.
No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?
When tyrants tremble sick with fear
And hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near
How can I keep from singing?
No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?
How can I keep from singing and lauding and proclaiming my love and testimony that my Savior lives? That He is the rock of my salvation, upon which if I build I cannot fall. I know that. I know it is true. I know His Gospel is real and true. I know the Plan of Salvation is the greatest plan of happiness that ever could have been set before us. And it is ours. His Atonement is ours, meant for each individual to ever live on earth. Eternal life can be ours if we just press forward and keep His commandments. Oh, if everyone could just feel and know what I do, I know they would not be able to keep from singing either.

No comments: