I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Book of Mormon and The Bible

An angel proclaimed that the Book of Mormon shall establish the truth of the Bible (see 1 Nephi 13:40). He also revealed that writings in the Bible available in our day are not as complete as they were when originally written by prophets and apostles (see 1 Nephi 13:28 29). He declared that the Book of Mormon shall restore plain and precious things taken away from the Bible (see 1 Nephi 13:40).

A prophecy in the Book of Mormon warned that some people would object to the notion of additional scriptures. To those who think they 'need no more Bible' (2 Nephi 29:6), consider this God given counsel: 

'Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, . . . created all men, . . . and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

'. . . Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And . . . the testimony of the two nations shall run together also' (2 Nepni 29:7 8).

Russell M. Nelson, "Scriptural Witnesses," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 43 44

No comments: