I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Daily Gems- Fruits of the Gospel

"A church, or any way of life, should be judged by the fruits or the results that it generates. . . .
"One of the fruits [of Mormonism] is a longer life. Studies show that practicing Mormons are healthier and therefore live longer than the national average. . . .
"Second, those who are married in and attend the temple regularly have a divorce rate far below the national and world average.
"Third, we achieve an educational level that is higher than the national average.
"Fourth, over 70,000 members volunteer at their own expense to serve for 18 to 24 months in humanitarian efforts, Church service assignments, and full time missionary service throughout the world."

M. Russell Ballard, "Faith, Family, Facts, and Fruits," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 26 27

I think these are pretty good fruits!

No comments: