I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Live to the Fullest

"A quality life is God's greatest wish for us. Life is to be lived well in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. There should not be a waiting period."

Marvin J. Ashton, "Be a Quality Person," Ensign, Feb. 1993, 64


Oh. amen! My mother gave me the book A Single Voice about a month ago. It is written my Elder Oaks' second wife, whom I have heard speak more than once. I greatly admire her. She is right up there with Sheri Dew, for me. Such wonderful advice Sister Oaks gives which go right along with what Elder Ashton said. They are encouraging words for me and are constant reminders to not only keep pressing forward, but to make something of the life I've been blessed with. On the cover of the book it says, "The Unexpected Life is No Less a Life."

Here are some other fantastic quotes from the book:

  • We cannot stop becoming or sit and wait for our lives to unfold in a way that may never be.
  • Going to the temple alone is not a consolation prize; it is the consummate gift from our Heavenly Father.
  • The Lord is pleased with out devotion to Him, no matter our marital status.
  • The more we know of [Jesus Christ], His doctrine, and His teachings, and partake of the ordinances, the more significance His Atonement has in our lives. It also follows that with our increased devotion and understanding of Him, the happier and more complete we become. That doesn't mean there will be no more bad days but rather a lot more happy and contented ones.
  • As we draw closer to the Lord and our testimonies increase, our ability to endure happily increases.
  • By applying the principles of the gospel and knowing we are precious in the eyes of God, we can attain peace and happiness.
  • The Lord is going to give us the life that is best for us. One way or the other, it is not going to be easy.
  • As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have a responsibility to make out moment bright and to live to our full potential, married or not.

No comments: