I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What Our Eyes Cannot See

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike--and they will--you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection (see 2 Kgs. 6:16-17). They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed."

Jeffrey R. Holland, "For Times of Trouble," BYU Speeches, 1980, 45

That is a very comforting and uplifting thought for me. It's a hard one to remember during the hard times. But when I can, it is so reassuring. I have decided that to help me in the future when I may need this remembrance, I have started now to make all scriptures with a reference to angels--that which we is there protecting us and helping us through. To hear more about this comforting truth (and another aspect of it), I highly recommend Elder Holland's recent General Conference talk:

"The Ministry of Angels," Ensign, November 2008, 29-31

No comments: