I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Awesomeness!

[from my online journal today]:

OK, a month ago at Stake Choir practice, I was among the first to learn that for our January 25th Stake Conference, Elder Scott was coming out for it! Can you believe it?! JUST our stake. We are so close to 2 other stakes, and yet they are not combining for this. Just my stake. Wow. I have been anxiously waiting to hear about stake choir and what/when we'll be doing for preparations and such. Not only do I love to serve the Lord in song, it's also always a guaranteed (and great) seat! :-)

It dawned on me this past weekend that if Elder Scott was coming for our Sunday session, then he would also be there for our Sat. evening session for adults, too. I mean, whoa. I already love conferences and such. And apostles. And to get to hear him twice. I'm so anxious for it I can barely contain myself.

Well, tonight the E.s and I were watching the BCS championship bowl game when a phone call comes after 10 pm. Those of you who know me well know that I hold personal opinions about phone calls after 8pm. So I figured it was something important. Especially as he is the branch president. He got off the phone and said (paraphrasing), "Well, Elder Scott wants to have a fireside for the young single adults on Friday." CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?!?!? It makes me feel special and cared for when the Church does things like writes Ensign articles just for our group. And now an apostle is coming to speak to us. (The fireside will be tri-stake, thought.) 

A couple of minutes later, Pres. E. came into the room from whatever he'd been doing and said to me, "Oh, I hate to spring this on you, but would you do the music for this?" (:-0 HUH!? ME?! Oh my word. Well, I...heh heh...uh...of course! I get to pick the hymns. And I may possibly have to put together a special musical number (thankfully something came to mind from which I can pull from both YSA branches that I have connections with). I'll probably play the piano for it, too. Ahhhh! 

OK, I know they are men. Called of God. But still men and not The One whom we worship (namely the Savior). But they are His representatives. And being in their presence is truly awesome in all senses of the word. And to play the piano "for" them--to serve by using a gift Heavenly Father has blessed me with.... This is right up there with the times I have been able to sing for the prophet and the apostles and those blessed, happy occasions and opportunities which I had. But this has never occurred for me in such a "small" setting. I just...I almost can't breathe to think about it. I am in total awe and excitement and humility. 

Does this make sense to any of you? I mean, are you able to see where I'm coming from with all of this? It's so hard for me to explain. But I had to share!!!!

No comments: