I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Proposition 8--It has many consequences!

I will not deny that the voting for Proposition 8 (and 102 in AZ and 2 in FL) has me very, very worried. Do people realize the implications of this? The horrible snowball effect that will occur if it is not passed? The attack on freedom of religion? The inch that the government is given being turned into feet and yards and much more. They have no right to have a say in such matters! Vote Yes on the propositions to keep the federal government out of matters that aren't theirs! They have no right here. The Constitution does not allow it. So don't let us allow it either! Did we not just celebrate Constitution month in September? Then if you believe in that document, uphold it! See what this matter is all about, not just what is in front of your face or what you hear others convincing you it is. The far-reaching effects are even worse than the immediate ones. Do you realize that the LDS temples could even be affected? Can you imagine having to close our temples in order to protect the sacred because of government intervention? Well it is a most certain possibility in a few years if we give in to them here. 
DON'T GIVE IN! 
Please pass these propositions. I cannot do more than plead and pray. Help this cause!

No comments: