I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

We're Going to Count Again

There has been a few months of blog silence. 98% of the time, silence means one thing for me: I'm busy. Sorry. It happens. A lot. And will even more so for the next few months. But I love my busy life and wouldn't change it for the world. Aside from the busy-ness increasing, the happiness increases every day as well. As a testament of that, you can see my somewhat recent "challenge" of 100 Happy Days on my Tumblr blog here: http://ldsjaneite.tumblr.com/tagged/100HappyDays/chrono

But I thought I'd share just a few recent happinesses (aka blessings) on this blog so you know I'm still alive and well and loving every bit of my life (the joys AND the sorrows).

1. Sprouts - my favorite "healthy" grocery store just opened a new location yesterday. And it's only 1/2 a mile from my work! I pass the place twice a day. This will make it so much easier when I need to shop for the harder-to-find-items. I already visited the store today!

2. The weather the last 2 weeks. Oh my fabulousness. I have been in love. Lightning shows. Cool breezes. Sprinkles of rain in sunshine. HEAVY downpours (albeit rather short compared to my home). Clouds galore. I feel that heaven for me will have some amazing weather, for that's where I have been in all this gloriousness.

3. I learned from a storytime mom that after reading Sophie's Squash last week in storytime, her squash and zucchini have been disappearing from her garden. When she discovers them, she learns her girls have been calling them Bernice. And once she cooks the discovered ones, the girls sneak out to the garden and take more. Absolutely hilarious!

4. Even if it's annoying, our staff can find a vein of humor in those patrons (particular one I suppose) who think they know better how our library items should be organized and shelved and take it upon themselves to change them accordingly. Oh the audacity. It makes us laugh.

5. I love being in a musical. I love my cast. I love the time I get to sing, dance, laugh, and especially be silly. There is no better de-stressor for me during the craziest, most stressful time of year for me.

6. I work out. Therefore, my muscles are sore. I adore that feeling, even if it does make walking normally or sneezing a little difficult.

7. I made a decision this week that brought about a great deal of peace in many aspects of my life.

8. Compliments. When given sincerely and in the right way, they really do make this girl feel absolutely beautiful inside and out.

9. Getting to visit with family recently and having a chance to see a few more soon.

10. Anticipating a phone call.

11. Finishing up the 3-week Whole Living detox/cleanse and feeling fantastic. Lost weight. Lost inches. And I think I can tackle this lifetime of PCOS-connected diabetic caution now.

12. It's been 2 months (which usually is the testing period), and the new skin care regime seems to actually help with my skin type AND keep the psoriasis at bay. After 14 years of a facial battleground, this is one of the biggest miracles to enter my life.

13. Having a wonderful roommate in my life. I will miss her so much.

14. The Lord answering prayers and pleas about important decisions I had to make.

15. Never a dull moment. Never.

16. Not getting sick during this stressful time when many others around me have. I could have dealt, but it was so nice not having to.

17. The headaches have been mostly at bay. Only 2 (and rather minor) in 8 weeks! Another miracle considering, again, the stress.

18. Great co-workers. They are so supportive and understanding and patient and helpful and caring and fun.

19. Water. No that's not silly. Water is Amazingness in itself.

20. Books. Reading. Need I say more?

The Lord blesses me. Always.

No comments: