I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Best Friend

Then again, maybe I won't have to exercise patience in this particular experience for as long as I thought. I think I got an answer. I think. I'm not sure.

But either way, it is accompanied by pain. And as I approach midnight, I've already cried the sleep out of me. There is only one person who truly understands; who truly can help me as I go through this. My Savior is the best friend anyone could ask for. And there are not enough words or ways to express my gratitude for Him always being there, and in the knowledge that I will most assuredly get through this--with flying colors and ending better and stronger than I was before--only because of, in, and through Him.

In my promise this year to know my Savior, there are definitely things that I know. I believe I knew them before, but I know them quite strongly and I feel them very strongly right now.

My Savior is always there.

My Savior always understands.

My Savior is always reaching out His arms to comfort me.

My Savior knows better than anyone what I go through, and why my trials are difficult for me.

My Savior will always know how to succor me better than anyone ever could.

My Savior will never leave me alone.

My Savior loves me.

My Savior knows me--who I am, why I am, how I am, and more.

My Savior's Atonement is real.

To access all the above, but most particularly the previous, I simply need to remember Him, reach out to Him, and remain obedient to what He has asked.

I am never alone, because my Savior is there for me. I don't just believe that. I absolutely know it.

No comments: