I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gift for 2013

I made my promise to the Savior tonight. Still in the Christmas season and felt right to do it on the Sabbath. I'm rather proud of myself for doing so well this past year with my gift to Him. Trying to be better in physical health. It really has made such a difference in every aspect of my life, which in turn helped me to be a more Christlike, Zion person. There are still things I can keep at, but I'm so happy to be on the right track.

So I thought about what I wanted to do/be better at as a gift to my Redeemer. And it came to me that the YSA Stake just set the goal to memorize "The Living Christ" in an effort to get to know the Savior better. I made that same goal over a year ago. Even made a music video to help me with that. Still working on that, and this Stake goal will be more incentive for me to get down to it.

As I was thinking about this goal, I realized that I always want to know my Savior better. Thus I made a promise that I wanted to get to know Him better and to daily--from my scripture and Gospel study--look for specifics about who He is, ways I can be more like Him.

No comments: