I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He Always Knows What I Need

[from my online journal today]:

Self worth is one of the hardest trials I believe any woman deals with. Why? Because we are so precious to our Father, and vital to His work, thus the adversary chooses that as one of the best ways to destroy us. Convince a woman she isn't of worth, and you've not only drastically affected the lives she touches, but also dealt a terrible wound on generations to come. It sounds exaggerated. It's not.

It is good to know that I'm not the only one who has my days where I struggle with feeling good about me, and what I do, and how I try. A woman may try harder than anyone, but will also beat herself more when not reaching the often unreachable goals she sets for herself. If that doesn't apply to every woman, I know it applies to me. In the last 3 or 4 weeks, I have moved leaps and bounds past my intense personal struggles of feeling of worth. For that I owe immense gratitude toward my Savior, and to Molly Gibson. :-)

Isn't it absolutely amazing how wonderful our Savior is? How He really does know what is happening to/with us, what we struggle with, and best of all how to help us? Yesterday I opened my brand new Ensign. That's always such a sense of excitement. About 75% of the time, I read the First Presidency message first. This changes only if there is an article that leaps off the page saying "Read Me Now!" Yesterday, I couldn't have felt more strongly that I needed to read the First Presidency message before anything else, especially as the "Read Me Now!" impression was so strong as I read the title: "The Influence of Righteous Women."

I'm not saying the article was not magnificent, because, of course, it was. But it was going right along where I had expected it to. And it was something I knew all sisters needed. And I was thinking of how wonderful a Father we have to inspire the Church leaders to include this article at this moment. And then I read a passage that--though I know it is to every single Daughter of God--at that moment, it was only for me.

"May I invite you to rise to the great potential within you. But don’t reach beyond your capacity. Don’t set goals beyond your capacity to achieve. Don’t feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure. Don’t compare yourself with others. Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Have faith and confidence in Him, and you will see miracles happen in your life and the lives of your loved ones. The virtue of your own life will be a light to those who sit in darkness, because you are a living witness of the fulness of the gospel (see D&C 45:28). Wherever you have been planted on this beautiful but often troubled earth of ours, you can be the one to 'succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees' (D&C 81:5).

"My dear sisters, as you live your daily life with all its blessings and challenges, let me assure you that the Lord loves you. He knows you. He listens to your prayers, and He answers those prayers, wherever on this world you may be. He wants you to succeed in this life and in eternity."

Is not that the most perfect thing I could have heard right now? I, who am a major fan of rising to potential. I who try to reach it, and run faster than I'm able--especially with my own "feeble knees"...spiritually as well as physically. This counsel touched on almost every trial I have been enduring in my life of late--all of my own making, of course. There are problems I create because I go about reaching my potential in the wrong way. I highlighted with color each one for emphasis and as a reminder to me of what to and what not to do. And I know if I am obedient to exactness (Alma 57:21) in this, I will achieve even more happiness through and in the Lord than He has already been blessing me.

This is a quote I need to put every where around me in my life. Memorize it, remember it, and apply it. For I need every word. I believe every one of my Heavenly Sisters needs it, too.

No comments: