I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Signs of the Times-The World on Its Downward Spiral

[posted on my personal online journal Saturday afternoon]:

Well, this was something brought to my attention today that really put a damper on the entire afternoon. I won't go into extreme detail right now about how much things like this not only really, really upset me, but also are very painful. Direct hits to the heart and to one of my very core beliefs: The Family. Prophets have predicted over and over that as the time for the Savior's Second Coming draws near, attacks on the institution of the family will be more frequent and more horrendous. We see it every day, and yet I still am forced to see new ways in which others are trying to destroy the basic unit of society.

One thing I have learned over my years is that some things I take too much on myself, and way too personally. But it's how I am. And such opinions and attempted actions like these take yet another piece away from all I'm holding onto to try and believe there is still good in this world and the light of Christ in people. Mom noted tonight that my comment was posted, too. Wow. I'm really branching out on the International Super Highway these days. But I couldn't not say something.

No comments: