I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Gospel Message Day 249

Atonement - Enabling Power, Part 5

There have been a lot of tears this morning:

*For the life and testimony of a man of God whom I will miss seeing and hearing in this life.

I had the great blessing to meet him when I was a child, and again about 18 months ago. I treasure every opportunity I have had to shake the hand of a servant of God, who knows without a doubt that Jesus is the Christ. There is a power unlike any other I have felt anywhere on earth when I am in the presence of a apostle and prophet of our Savior. I am grateful for all of Christ's apostles who have served in this last dispensation. But I have a special love for each of the men who have been prophets and apostles in my lifetime. Voices I have listened to throughout my life and counsel I try to apply and heed. Elder Perry was an apostle for almost a decade before I entered in this world. Like those who have gone on before--Elder Ashton, Elder Wirthlin, Elder Maxwell, Elder Haight, President Benson, President Hunter, President Faust, President Hinckley--I am sad to lose a great example of faith and testimony and service. But his work is not done, and ours is not either. Another man will be called of God to be the next Apostle. And the work of God's kingdom will continue to boldly move forward in truth and righteousness.

*For the truth of the Gospel.

I've been watching Church History and Seminary videos. And over and over again I am washed over with the Spirit, testifying again and again that it is true. I have no greater testimony, no stronger knowledge in my being than that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.

*For the strength and example of Emma Smith.


I have always admired her. This was the first time I've seen this particular clip and song, and I thought it was beautifully apropos and succinct of the amazing woman Emma Smith was and is.

*For Hilary Weeks' song "Just Let Me Cry" (of course)


To have "One of my cry songs" come on my iPod as I got ready for Church. Things have been rough the last few weeks (and perhaps building over the last few months) because of an extreme amount of stress and some frustration as well. Yet I know I've had tougher times. And listening to this song, which helped pull me through one of those tougher times, was another reminder and testimony that the Savior's Atonement is real. There is strength in those tears, because when I'm crying I am calling out for the Savior at the same time, to have the power of His Atonement lift me and strengthen me to help me get through the trial--no matter how great or small, how long or short.

He is always there. He has always lifted me before, He is lifting me now, and He will lift me in the future.

5/31/15 11:20pm Update! I made a very quick (in ~3 hours) music video. Been wanting to make one of this song for a few years. Usually I share the amazing Dallyn Vail Bayles' version. But I thought I'd give you a different albeit exceedingly flawed version with pictures of the Savior that hold special meaning for me.


No comments: