I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Down, but not really

I am not having an easy time of things right now. It's my own fault. I allowed things to happen, knowing they would most likely lead to emotional upset. But the last week+, I felt happiness I don't believe I've ever experienced before. It was the most soaring, uplifting feeling. I guess I knew it would be worth the pain that would follow afterwards. And though today is certainly rough, and while I'm sure there will be difficult moments for a bit, I will cherish the feelings and memories of last week for a very long time.

I still took sick leave today to help myself recover emotionally and mentally. To feel the Lord's love and understanding and know I will be all right. And what else am I doing to take my mind off some things and remind me how much my life is blessed and how much I love it? Why, by cleaning the house, watching a Period Drama, and reading an action-survival-adventure-escape-the-bad-guys-trying-to-kill-you book. Of course!

Some of the greatest and most important things I have learned from my trials are that
1) My Heavenly Father and my Savior love me.
2) My life is wonderful and I love every part, including the difficult times.
3) Because of the Atonement, and applying it in my life, I will always pull through.

And from this trial in particular?
I am not dead inside.

No comments: