I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Rough Patches

Day 316-325

Um. Life is still good.

Yeah.

Really.

I'll admit I've had a few more downs the last few days.

Missing my brother.

Fighting sickness, so I'm really tired and worn out.

Losing a wonderful co-worker to retirement (and only having 1 day's notice of it!).

Upset. Not about being single. But about single in my family. Outside of my mom and maybe my sister (and probably my dad, too), no one really knows what it's like for me. And I am reminded yet again how very much I feel like the outsider in the family. The intruder. The one no one knows what to do with. The one they don't often remember or realize is actually very lonely when it comes to family.

Misunderstanding--or just lack of knowledge...or something. I guess. I don't know. But I know it's mostly my reactions and eventually I was able to shrug it off. It still wasn't so easy at the beginning.

However, in spite of that, happiness abounds. How can it not? I have the most wonderful and loving elder brother--my Savior. Who blesses me always beyond what I deserve. All is always well with my world, no matter what I let me emotional state be.

No comments: