I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Gospel Message Day 95

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 28

Day 28 scripture - Mosiah 3: 7-8
And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.

And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

This gives a few more details about the suffering the Savior endured as part of the Atonement, as well as His life. As I've been stating in other days, He suffered every kind of affliction so that He would know when we suffer. The times when I couldn't afford groceries and am living off the bare minimum of food. I have been hungry. Not nearly as hungry as others are, or as often, but I know the pain of that. And I certainly know the pain of being exhausted. My "protein lows" aren't as much painful as they are scary and debilitating. But He knows those, too. He knows how it feels to not think you can get up out of bed that day. And He knows what it is to be lonely--even moreso than me. He knows what it is to be sick. He knows what it is to be discouraged. He knows how it feels to have a broken heart.

This is what can make Him the master healer, because He knows the affliction better than any physician, and He knows how to heal it because He is the cure. I will be forever grateful that the Savior paid the price for my sins and gives me the chance to repent and try to return to my Heavenly Father. I have to use that part of the Atonement frequently and I do not discredit it or lessen it. But overall for me, the trials of this life seem more daily present to my mind and emotions. So that part of the Atonement means a very great deal to me, as I feel I am constantly using it.

I often post my own music video of this song, but I thought I would use someone else's version. See the things that they have tied in as this song has helped them heal and hold fast to the Atonement and its power. And it has the lyrics.



But I want to post mine, too, because I'm pretty attached to it.


No comments: