I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Gospel Message Day 82

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 15

Day 15 scripture - 1 Nephi 11:20-24

And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.

And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?

And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.

And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.

And after he had said these words, he said unto me: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Son of God going forth among the children of men; and I saw many fall down at his feet and worship him.

How I wish I could link to a sound clip of the Nephi musical, With Mine Own Hand. This is one of my favorite songs, especially v. 22 & 23. (I can share the trailer for it.) The music for "most joyous to the soul" conveys the utmost joy. As it should.

For the love of God was made manifest to us through Heavenly Father's beloved Son, who came to teach us how to live, then allowed himself to be sacrificed for our sins, and then was resurrected which opened up the door for our being resurrected one day after we die. But that wasn't it. He is still there for us every day to give us continued guidance and comfort. He is the greatest reason that we have to rejoice.


No comments: