I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gospel Message Day 80

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 13

Day 13 scripture - 1 Nephi 10: 4
Yea, even six hundred years from the time that my father left Jerusalem, a prophet would the Lord God raise up among the Jews—even a Messiah, or, in other words, a Savior of the world.

One of my favorite phrases ever: Savior of the world. Because He came to save each and every single person who will ever live on this earth. The. Whole. World. Is saved.

The dictionary defines a messiah as "a professed or accepted leader of some hope or cause." His cause? Our salvation. The hope? Eternal life.

This version shared because it's beautiful.

This version shared because of the pictures.

And this version because we sang it in our concert with an 11-year old soloist. And I get to sing it one more time tomorrow.

Song shared today because of the 3rd verse--I love it so much:
Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head.

The stars in the sky looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep in the hay.

The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes.

I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.

Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And take us to heaven, to live with Thee there.

No comments: