I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Gospel Message Day 202

General Conference Insights, Part 9

So, I've mentioned on the blog before of my connection with Sister Burton because of her husband being my YSA Stake President. How much I love Sister Burton! And her talk this Conference was amazing. Hers was one of the talks that was an answer to my very specific prayer. She spoke of marriage and parenthood. In essence, she spoke of how righteous men are brilliant and amazing. She spoke of how wives should treat their husbands, but there was so much in the talk that applied to my situation. Especially these questions she posed to each of us:

  1. 1. 
    When was the last time I sincerely praised my companion, either alone or in the presence of our children?
  2. 2. 
    When was the last time I thanked, expressed love for, or earnestly pleaded in faith for him or her in prayer?
  3. 3. 
    When was the last time I stopped myself from saying something I knew could be hurtful?
  4. 4. 
    When was the last time I apologized and humbly asked for forgiveness—without adding the words “but if only you had” or “but if only you hadn’t”?
  5. 5. 
    When was the last time I chose to be happy rather than demanding to be “right”?
  6. These questions can apply to those of us in the single life. There are friends, family members, co-workers, people we serve at work, ward members, neighbors, and more with whom we interact. We can always thank someone. We can always pray for someone. We can always seek forgiveness when we've done wrong. We should frequently ask these questions of ourselves and the self-analysis that should inevitably follow will help us be happier and stronger in our relationship with others and with our Savior.

No comments: