I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Gospel Message Day 213

Eternal Families, Part 4

I blogged pretty recently about Family History. It goes hand-in-hand with eternal families. We seek out our ancestors to learn more about who we are and where we come from. To learn about the people who, without them, we would not be. But what is the point of finding them if I do not also extend the opportunity for them to have Gospel ordinances performed for them (if they have not already been done)? Even if I won't meet them again until the next life, they are my family. Each with their own trials, struggles, heartaches, joys, successes. They are amazing because EVERY child of God is amazing. And I want my eternal, forever family bonds to extend to them. Not just to my parents and siblings and Niephews and husband and children. I want generations before and generations after to all be linked. Parties are ever so much more fun with big groups of people--especially big groups of loved ones. And Family means Automatic Loved Ones.

No comments: