I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Gospel Message Day 100

Goals, Part 2

I mentioned yesterday that setting goals is integral with the Gospel. Here is a link to a chapter in the manual for the course "The Gospel and the Productive Life." It's a really good chapter/lesson. As it says, "Most successful people set goals. Goal setting helps us plan and gives direction to our lives." I like to have direction. I need it, in fact. Every day at work I try to list my tasks so I have direction for the day in what to do--what needs to get done and what I'd like to get done. If that can help me in my day-to-day living, it certainly must be helpful in the week-to-week and month-to-month.

The cheshire cat has it right in Alice in Wonderland:
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"– so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

You're bound to get somewhere eventually if you are moving. But with no aim and especially with no direction, you'll end up anywhere, or worse never realize that you actually got somewhere. With direction and focus, you'll get to where you want to go, and much quicker as well.

No comments: