I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Gospel Message Day 101

Goals, Part 3

Wow. I'm impressed. Yes, I impress myself. :-) But I've actually made it to 100 days in this endeavor! Woohoo!

This year, I set goals the way my dating coach had me create my Top Ten list--using categories. I like the categories because it groups behaviors and actions and makes it seem less daunting for me. I also can be vague in some categories and more specific in others. The vague ones are the lesser goals, areas I want to work on but with no specifics in mind. As yet anyhow.

The categories I gave myself for the year are Physical, Spiritual, Financial, Social, Good Qualities, and Responsibilities. Since it's the one that might make the most people think "huh?," I thought I would use Good Qualities as an example of some of the goals I've set.

"Smile more. Be more patient and polite. Listen more. Be kind in all ways. Service project once a month. 'Do a good turn daily.'"

Really it's about being more Christlike. But coming up with a few specifics in that area (as well as the others) allow me to, as I wrote in my Gospel study journal, "a way of measuring...with an end that I'm working toward and which I can measure my progress." I love having goals because aside from the focus they give me, I more gladly anticipate the work to come and gain more a sense of accomplishment as I make progress in them. Plus, I feel the Savior approves. :-)


No comments: