I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Gospel Message Day 119

Holy Ghost, Part 4

Tonight in Institute, I love how my teacher touched on the Spirit. It fits perfectly with the topic! She said, "If you give the Spirit a tool to work through, it can be a lot clearer for you."

I already referred to the scriptures as a tool in yesterday's story. But I have often received answers, guidance, etc. through this tool. So I wanted to share a few more experiences to illustrate it.

*When I was going through my very low and difficult time during the VA years, I came across Doctrine & Covenants 123:17:

Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

It has become one of my most favorite scriptures ever, because it meant so much to me then--but it's perfect for always!

*When I was going through a time of repentance and forgiveness (which mostly involved forgiving myself), there was Alma 7:11-13:

And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
I found these verses very meaningful and uplifting as I learned to use the power of Christ's Atonement.

*Or there was that time that I really liked a guy, and I was not sure how to go about showing my interest. Alma 38:12 came to my attention:

Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness.

While making me laugh as I found it, this also became a very good guideline for relationships since then.

There are other tools that the Spirit uses to get through to us. I'm going to save them for the next few days (so I'll have stuff to talk about and time to think of stories that go with it!). But this is one of the best reasons to be daily immersed in the scriptures as it allows the Spirit more opportunities to speak to you and let you know what the Savior wants you to know.



No comments: