I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gospel Message Day 53

Temple Ordinances

Woohoo! What a fun topic to draw. This is one I very much love. First, I should give the definition of an ordinance, in case you don't know what that is:

In the Church, an ordinance is a sacred, formal act performed by the authority of the priesthood. Some ordinances are essential to our exaltation. These ordinances are called saving ordinances. They include baptism, confirmation, ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood (for men), the temple endowment, and the marriage sealing. With each of these ordinances, we enter into solemn covenants with the Lord.

All of the saving ordinances can be performed in the temple, and indeed are performed there. The ordinances of temple endowment and the marriage sealing are done for for the living as well as for the deceased in the temple. The other saving ordinances are performed for the living within our regular church buildings, but they are performed for the deceased in temples.

I've spent my lifetime reverencing and loving temples and the ordinance work that we do therein. I look forward to talking a bit more in-depth about each ordinance in the next few days.

No comments: