I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Maybe Far Away, Or Maybe Real Nearby

Day 179

It's the hard-knock life for us.

Some things are just...hard.

It's the hard-knock life for us.

And I feel guilty.

'Stead of treated, we get tricked.

'Cause I know there is so much to be happy and grateful for.

'Stead of kisses, we get kicked

And we just had a weekend of Stake Conference where the theme was "Never was there a happier people."

It's the hard-knock life.

But one thing I need to remember:

Don't it feel like the wind is always howlin'?

We all have our days.

Don't it seem like there's never any light?

And though like Gracie from "Return to Me" where "I don't feel like I should have days,"

Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in?

I will still have them.

It's easier than puttin' up a fight.

Then it is a matter of how I handle them.

No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy!

Today, I think I handled it well.

No one cares if you grow...of if you shrink!

Indeed, it probably was more drained energy than low spirits--

No one dries when your eyes get wet an' weepy!

And the low spirits enflamed because of the drained energy.

From all the cryin' you would think this place's a sink!

Still, I am extremely grateful that

The sun'll come out--tomorrow!

No comments: