I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Come to Jesus

Day 24

I thought I'd worn my 3 favorite dresses already this year. But I forgot about the one I chose. It's my "little black dress" that I got for $1. Very flattering to my figure, yet I think still quite modest. I like to wear my favorite black skirt underneath it so I feel more comfortable when I sit. (Especially as I was trying the organ in choir today.) I made a discovery that the dress and skirt together twirl magnificently. I love a dress that twirls! And I love the way it feels in dancing. I don't typically dance on Sunday, but when I do, I assure you it is of a very reverent and worshipful nature. Tonight I realized a song that I will always love to interpret through dance: Kenneth Cope's version of "Come to Jesus."

And on the lesser spiritual note, yes, the verse about dancing is made all the more joyous and fulfilling with an excellent twirly skirt.

No comments: