I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Gospel Message Day 10

Gift of the Holy Ghost

The Holy Ghost is the 3rd member of the Godhead. Every one, no matter their beliefs, is able to feel the influence of the Holy Ghost. But the gift is different from the influence. We can feel the Spirit's influence (aka the light of Christ) at any point of our lives. Some might call it our conscience--that which helps us discern between right and wrong. We can have it on occasion, but it is not ever present. However, the gift is the right to have the Spirit with us always. We receive the gift after we have been baptized as members of the Savior's church. But it is up to us to do the receiving part, which we do through our obedience. The receiving is not a one-time thing. It is something we will do for the rest of our lives in order for us to have access to the gift.

Elder Bednar gave a talk in 2010 Conference about what it is to receive. From this, I have learned that receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost takes humble work on our part. But when we do so, it is quite worthwhile.

No comments: