I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Like a Fire

Day 244

Our stake has begun an Institute class. I missed first class because I was on vacation. But I made it tonight. Reminded all over again how much I love that spiritual uplift during the break. And I love that even though I hear pretty much the same things with my ears, my heart and my soul hear something else when the Spirit speaks to them.

I'm grateful the Lord sends His Spirit to help me learn more every day.

Today's Smile: I have a kind of stalker at work. She's an elderly lady who loves my name. And she was in today, happy and excited to introduce me to her little granddaughter with my name. Not that I did much to bring about that smile, but oh well. It's still nice.

Today's Something New: I learned where the word "sincere" comes from. Basically means "without wax." Artists or sculptors used wax to smooth in cracks and such to make their work look perfect. Without wax. Natural. (Like me rarely wearing make-up and covering my flaws and such--just being sincere!) So when we give an honest and sincere effort, the Lord doesn't expect it to be perfect. It's all natural. All of who we are. All we have to give.

No comments: