I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Try

Day 148

I got to make magnet boxes and cut out various felt shapes for my summer Toddler Play Hour programs. How much fun is that?! Seriously. All day cutting, tracing, pasting. And I got paid for it. My skills--especially in the cutting and tracing part--are not very good. I often say I'm not creative. The more accurate thing to say would probably be that I'm too lazy and impatient. Which, to me are traits that detract from creativity. Thus, "I'm not creative" seems to fit. But what I love is that the toddlers aren't judging my lack of skills. They're not going to look at my felt mouse and think it looks like a grey glob with a detachable pink squiggle. And if they do, well, it's not as painful to hear from them as it is from older people. These toddlers are going to love what I do with and for them, and many of the parents will appreciate that I provided something outside of the house!

I'm grateful the Lord knows that life doesn't always require specific talents from me, and that appreciation of any of my efforts can be just as uplifting as using the talents I do possess.

No comments: