I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Through the Mist

Day 29

Going to the Draper temple this morning ended up being a very symbolic journey. It was so foggy. I've always known most temples to be placed in prominent places, and from pictures I was sure that the Draper temple was in just such a place. But I could not see it. In all of my wending my way, I could not see it. Indeed, I never saw the temple until I pulled into the parking lot. 


Thoughts came to me about this, but I decided to think on them later. On my way home, those thoughts came even stronger. Some of the fog had lifted, so I was able to see a little better as I drove along. I laughed at this one circle I had driven on my way there. All I saw was the road. But now I could see that the temple was just above the circle--stark, prominent, and very visible. 


I thought how at times in our lives we are immersed in darkness of trials or sin, moving ahead and trying to find light and truth. So often it is right there to be seen, and yet we either do not see it because we won't, we can't, or we don't know where or how to look. 


But with faith in the Lord's word and work (or road signs and Church given driving directions), we can reach the righteous destination and emerge from the fog in our lives.

No comments: