I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Stale Here

Day 200

Can you believe it? 200 days! I can't believe we are already that far in the year.

And what thing of gratitude do I have for today? So many to choose from. Like the tasks which are always present at work. The practicing of my Mystery program for this Friday. The completion of this week's storytimes. The opportunity to sleep in. The chance to clean my water machine (and now the water tastes even better!). Making headway in the rally difficult audio format of a book I've wanted to read for years. Or the accomplishment of separating most of the SRP prizes between the 3 branches. And with my state of brain functioning, this is nothing short of miraculous!

Yet today, I can't help picking a favorite of something which often brings a smile to me. You can probably guess. Yes. Food.

Because I'm more conscious, aware, and careful of those choices, I believe food means even more to me than it did before. At least, I appreciate it more and feel a greater gratitude for the various ways it affects me.

So, yes. Today's item of gratitude is another food item. And not just any food item. Cookies! Yes. I do have a weakness for some cookies. But what do you call the discovery of almost a whole box of cookies that have been open for over a month, which has oddly enough come if the form of a soft, moist staleness rather than a crunchy, dry staleness?

I call it fabulous.

No comments: