I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam

A couple of days ago, I was visiting a special needs friend who asked me to record myself singing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. It reminded me that once at a BYU devotional, the speaker had us sing 3 other verses that we never sang in Primary when I was in it. I don't think they do now either. I had written them down in haste as the congregation sang, and I've had them sitting near my scripture study materials ever since. I promised I'd share them with her. And then I thought I should share them here, too. (You can listen to it here.)

I knew that the words have a great message, one that I need to try to incorporate more in my life. I should read them often and live them more.

1. Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
To shine for Him each day
In every way try to please Him
At home, at school at play

Chorus:
A sunbeam, a sunbeam
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam
I'll be a sunbeam for him.

2. Jesus wants me to be loving
And kind to all I see
Showing how pleasant and happy
His little one can be. (Chorus)

3. I will ask Jesus to help me
To keep my heart from sin
Ever reflecting His goodness
And always shine for Him. (Chorus)

4. I'll be a sunbeam for Jesus
I can if I but try.
Serving Him moment by moment
Then live with Him on high. (Chorus)

No comments: