I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 5

As mentioned earlier, at Christmas we should think of Christ's death, Atonement, and resurrection as well as the birth. They all are the reasons we celebrate His birth. So if Samuel the Lamanite prophesied about the birth of Christ...yep! You got it. He did about His death, too. As well as His resurrection. Helaman chapter 14 verses 14-31 . I love especially the verses that talk about how salvation comes through Christ, in verses 15-17: 

15 For behold, he surely must die that salvation may come; yea, it behooveth him and becometh expedient that he dieth, to bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, that thereby men may be brought into the presence of the Lord.
16 Yea, behold, this death bringeth to pass the resurrection, and redeemeth all mankind from the first death—that spiritual death; for all mankind, by the fall of Adam being cut off from the presence of the Lord, are considered as dead, both as to things temporal and to things spiritual.
17 But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.

"Back into the presence of the Lord." What marvelous joy! Indeed, nephew Fred in A Christmas Carol had it so right when he said, "I believe that [Christmas] has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!" Oh, Fred, you have no idea how much good it has done you and each and every one of us. 

No comments: