I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh, so true

“I am at a stage in my life when, because of great distances, I cannot come to know well grandchildren and, in time, great-grandchildren. There are also people who have never had the opportunity for marriage and parenthood who have the same yearning as I do to somehow be close to family. Because of the restoration of the knowledge of eternal families, we are more hopeful and more kindly in all our family relations. The greatest joys in this life center in families, as they will in the worlds to come. I am so grateful for the assurance I have that if we are faithful, the same sociality which we enjoy here in this life will be forever with us in the world to come, in eternal glory (see D&C 130:2).”

Henry B. Eyring, “The True and Living Church,” Ensign, May 2008, 22

This quote hits home for me not just because I have not yet been blessed with marriage and parenthood, but because we are entering the holiday season. This time of year is such a family time for me. And I am far from any family (immediate or extended) for the first time in my life. I have been quite homesick for a home that doesn't exist for me any more. As I do what I can in living life and hoping to establish a home at some point in my life, I am so glad that I do have a family--no matter how scattered--that loves and supports me. Eternal families are awesome! :-)

No comments: